Established in 1981 under the name of PT Kurnia Kapuas Utama Glue Industries (KKGI) engaged in wood adhesive production.
The Company performed an Initial Public Offering.
The Company changed its name to PT Resource Alam Indonesia Tbk and began the diversification process into coal mining industry.
The Company operated 3 (three) mining areas, namely: Gunung Pinang, Simpang Pasir and Bayur.
The Company’s industry classification on the Indonesia Stock Exchange was changed from chemical to coal mining.
Total coal production at Gunung Pinang, Simpang Pasir, Purwajaya, Tanjung Barokah and Tegal Anyar blocks reached 2.2 million MT.
The Company’s total coal production increased further to 4.2 million MT, which is an increase of 91%.
The Company obtained several awards, namely:
- The “Best of the Best” Award from Forbes for the category of “Companies Under a Billion” in Asia Pacific Region.
- The “Top 50 Indonesian Companies” Award from Forbes.
- "The Pratama for Mining Environmental Management" in 2012 Award by the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources (ESDM).
- The Company obtained the 2013 Performance Rating Program Award in terms of the Environmental Management in East Kalimantan province.
- The Company, through its subsidiary PT Insani Baraperkasa, received the “Pratama” award for Mining Environmental Management from the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources.